Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cannot copy file access is denied windows XP

Came across this one today; bought 4 new Dell computers and was setting them up. Ok first thing I have to do is copy a directory over from the old computer to thenew machine, half way through the copy and I get cannot copy access is denied.
I try everything, I disable file sharing, turn off firewall and a few other things. I notice that at every reboot Norton asks me to sign up for their trial. Being a new computer and I won't be using it, I just click on "remind me later". Well, could it possibly be Norton stopping this file (I notice it is a .exe file); this could be possible but why since I have told it I don't want to install it.
So I click to uninstall Norton trial offer (which I never accepted) and now everything works. I guess I don't know why Dell puts this on yet it indicates that it is not installed and you have the option to install it when you want. I guess this is incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment